I was thinking specifically about why a real friend is so important. I went all through elementary school and most of middle school with a few good friends, friends that I had fun with and trusted for the most part. But then around 8th grade I met my best friend and it was like my life got a billion times better. Some people wake up in the morning and have nothing to go to school for. We became unseperable and I enjoyed going to school everyday and being able to talk and laugh with a person who made me feel more comfortable with myself. It was like, school was ok, and class was fine, but saying hi inbetween classes was the fun part because then we got to laugh and giggle about who said what. Inside jokes soon become the norm. A layer of trust forms. After years of this, she knew me sometimes better then I knew myself. People would get irritated because we wouldn't have to finish sentences or because we would have explain something and finish it with "You know?" and the other would know! Sometimes I feel as if she'd be the only one who would know what I am talking about; the only would who would get it. She's important to me because she makes me feel relevant and loved. It's a good feeling to know that no matter who says what to her, she's always going to take my side. I believe that because of this friendship, I have more confidence in myself than I ever would. People see that confidence and trust me becuase they can tell that I know what real trust is. That because of this friendship, I have a better life. I am a better person. I am a better me.
This and my first post and what I what to do my This I belive on. Do you think the topic is concrete enough or too flaky? Does it makes sense?
Monday, February 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment