Monday, January 29, 2007

This I Believe

Like true love, I believe in the power of true friendship. I once heard that if you have one or two true friends in your life, you are doing extremely well. Although many people may say that they have soo many friends, I have to question whether they are true friends or just a surface friends. A true friend is someone who is as close, if not closer, than a family member to you. They are someone who you can talk to and cry to and vent to and they do not judge you either way. They are someone that you can trust whole heartedly and know that they will never break your trust. A real friend like that makes you a better person by just being around them. They'll not only support you in your dreams but they will be there to stop you when you are going down the wrong path. You know someone is a good friend when everything they say to you is NOT sugar coated. Sometimes a friend is the one who tells you the cold hard truth, whether you like it or not.
I've been blessed a friend who I can call my best friend, one who has all these qualities. I believe that without her I would have done some stupid things in my life without her being there to tell me to watch out. If you have a friend like this than you know what I'm talking about. You know that feeling of being him able to call that friend anyday about anything and they will care about what you are saying. A true friend, I believe, makes me a better me!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I really like your "This I Believe" statement because I can really connect to what you are saying. Friends are so important in life because they are there for you when your family can't be or just isn't. It's good that you can differentiate between your "surface friends" and your true friends. This is a really good "This I Believe" statement and I think you should use at least parts of this in your podcast or whatever the project is that we are going to do.